The known fact is Volvo is electrifying its range to better adapt to the cleaner future. And, Research says the Volvo Cars to be fully electric by 2030. As a good beginning, Volvo introduced its first all-electric model, is 2021 XC40 Recharge SUV with 402 horsepower and delivers a claimed driving range of at least 200 miles per charge. The 2021 Volvo XC60 is the Swedish brand’s twist on today’s compact luxury SUV with its stylish, modern, and undeniably desirable features. Including spacious first and second-row seating, comfortable driving position, and thoughtful cubby storage, the cabin of the XC40 Recharge offers everything we love about the standard XC40. With the right Volvo EV charger, you can recharge your XC40, and it offers a range of 249 miles and ultra-rapid charging. Did you know a 75 kWh battery pack is standard equipment, and EPA has given the XC40 Recharge a range estimate of 208 miles per charge?
Volvo Electric Car XC40 Features
1. Painted Alloy Wheels
2. All Season Tires
3. The maximum Cargo Capacity is 57.5 cu.ft.
4. The maximum Towing Capacity is 2000 lbs.
5. External Temperature Display
6. 4 One-Touch Power Windows
7. Hands-Free Entry
8. Interior Air Filtration
9. Remote Anti-Theft Alarm System
10. Pre and post-collision safety system
11. Front And Rear Head Airbags
12. Child Seat Anchors
13. Blind Spot And Lane Departure Warnings Accident Avoidance System
14. Horsepower – 402 hp @ 0 rpm
15. Torque – 486 lb-ft @ 0 rpm
16. Electric fuel
17. EPA Time To Charge Battery (At 240V) – 8.0 hr.
18. EPA Electricity Range – 208 mi.
19. Basic Warranty – 4 yr./ 50000 mi.
20. Transmission – 1-speed direct drive
Volvo Electric Car XC40 Charging Times
When it comes to Volvo electric car XC40, the maximum rated charge speed is 20A, 11kW, three-phase. This car is equipped with a 78kWh size battery. With a 15A 3.5kW portable Volvo car charger, you can charge your car completely within 24.5 hours, and it takes 37 hours if you are charging in the 10 A 2.3kW portable charger.
1-phase 240V, 50Hz Charger
– 16A, 3.6kW – 24 hours
– 32A, 7.2kW – 12 hour
3 – Phase 415V, 50Hz charger
– 16A, 11kW – 7 hours
– 32A, 22kW – 7 hour
The Bottom Line
Depending on the network and type of charge unit, the Volvo XC40 recharge can be slow, fast, and rapidly charged from public points. For a long road trip, it is recommended to charge your Volvo electric car XC40 until 80% charge. You can adjust the charge percentage of the battery via the settings menu. If you are looking for the most convenient and cost-effective way to recharge your car, the answer is, charging at home! Buy the right Volvo electric car charger and install it to charge your car.