Your oral health can deteriorate over time if missing teeth aren’t replaced. If you’re missing one or more teeth, the best thing you can do for your oral and overall health is to consider dentures. But, when it comes to dentures, people often think that they’re not comfortable to wear and doesn’t look appealing.
Of course, they were once. But, today, the quality of dentures have evolved greatly, yielding promising results and being very comfortable to wear. Unlike conventional dentures, modern dentures eliminate the frequent denture repairs, thus, save money down the road. Modern dentures are no more false teeth, they’re designed to match the gums and natural teeth, making them look, feel, and function like a natural tooth.
Advancements in dental technologies have paved the way to change dentures dramatically for better outcomes. With the advancements in technologies like digital jaw records, it’s now possible to design and manufacture high-quality dentures that look and feel like natural teeth. This, in turn, allows the patients to smile, eat, and speak with confidence. Modern dentures are so much better than those of the past. Probably you’re wondering what the big deal about today’s dentures is.
– Modern dentures come in two major types, including partial and complete. While full dentures can replace an entire arch of missing teeth, partial dentures replace some of the missing teeth with some natural teeth.
– Modern dentures come in different forms, including complete, partial, lower-suction, and implant-supported dentures. Depending on the dentures you choose, the new dentures might use the support of your remaining teeth or attached over the gums.
– Modern dentures are made with a combination of acrylic and metal, a popular base material for dentures. It could be customised and designed to make it look and feel like natural teeth without compromising functionality and stability.
– Unlike traditional dentures, modern dentures are made to match the colour of a patient’s gum, and people won’t even realise they’re wearing false teeth at all.
– Modern dentures are more resistant to decay, discolouration, and breakage than traditional dentures. With regular upkeep, cleaning, and visits to the dentist, new dentures can last for more than 10 years.
– Modern dentures have made denture repairs Sydney> easier, quicker, and affordable compared to traditional ones that consume a lot of time to get repaired.
As you see, modern-day dentures have come a long way with a range of features, making them comfortable to wear. Are you a candidate for dentures? Your dentist is the right person to determine which type of dentures you need. For further queries on modern dentures or emergency denture repair, please call our denture clinic.